#‎AGDoCGotY
American Girl, keep giving us Dolls of Color for Girls of the Year.

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Vacation Bits and Bobbles.

Meet Cinnamon Peschel, an American Girl!
Greetings from the Cheese State of Wisconsin! 

Ladies and gentlemen and both and neither and other, I have had what folk call "a busy vacation." I came out mid July to visit my mom and grandma in Milwaukee--the last time I was here, I was here for my father's funeral. I had planned some reviews, posts, and other talky bits on dolls but to be honest I've been enjoying myself with family and trips, so I haven't really had the hours I do at home to sit and blog. I had brought stuff out to take pictures and blog about, but yeah--so busy, between my mom's place and my grandma Goose and festivals and trips to Chicago, IL and Madison, WI. But I will get on that as soon as I'm home, likely. I have been busy as shit on AGC and my Instagram account. Great ways to check to make sure I'm still about.

Til then, have a gander at my newest gang member: I got my Cinnamon! Her full name is Cinnamon  "Cinna" Demaree Peschel, after a drama teacher I had in middle school I loved and a street name I adored in high school. She's from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and she loves acting, music, and craftwork, including designing her own clothes, and if she had to pick an era to play around in it would be pretty much any and all of them! She's Black with some white and Native in her background, but most of it is black, and that's how she IDs.

So just a note to say I've got plans and haven't forgotten all you beautiful people. Some of the many talky topics after I'm back in the PNW that I'll do, not necessarily in this order:

* MCM: The Biggest AG Discount Sale That Happens Once a Year
* My First Trip to AG Chicago: The Flagship Mecca of AG Buying and the Truly Me Design Studio
* Girls of Many Lands: Isabel of 1592 Tudor England
* Dolling on a Budget: Collecting AG without EOYBA (yes I have been working on that post for a year, my bad)
* Reviews of several sets for my gang members, including both of Addy's School Sets and Nightgowns
* Rambled Opinions and General Snarkiness: Sing a Song of Civil Rights: Meet Melody Ellison of the 1960s
* #StopAGIGRacism: The Racism in AG Communities and The Reasons We (and You!) Should Fight Against It

And for all those that love my Outsider Series, the next part: "Summer Chaos in AG > 18, or How I got Banned from A Goddamn Community I Started."

As Kat Blaque says and I adore: Always remember and never forget that you are beautiful, and you are loved.

--Neth

6 comments:

  1. Cinna is the cutest! I love seeing all the different backgrounds folks have chosen for their 62s. Mine is Nepali.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your OCs are the best OCs. ^_^

    Wow, what a schedule your fans are looking forward to! Hope you have a wonderful trip and some vacation from the white whine everywhere, but especially on AGIG. I'm so tempted to reactivate my account to try and fight the good fight, but I'm already swinging on Facebook, Tumblr, a few other platforms, and of course in person. I might have to bite the bullet and do it though, because this fuckery cannot stand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I have a question for you. You seem to have a lot of information on the American Girl Doll. I homeschool my daughter and we are planning a study on Native American's. At a cultural fair recently we ran into a Native American artist. Come to find out her daughter was the model for the paper doll for the American Girl Magazine Nov/Dec 1998 issue. I have been trying to find pictures of that paper doll. Do you have any of that issue? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you, perhaps, talking about the paper doll for Jacqueline Moorehead? (#37, Nov-Dec 1998) I do have this doll-- but I don't have any good scans. A good place for scans, though, is Lilly and Lissie right here: http://lissieandlilly.blogspot.com/p/ag-magazine-paper-dolls.html Please give credit!

      Delete
  4. Hey,I just found this blog. Let me tell you something. A few years ago,early teenage me made an account on AGPT. I put a fake birthday in saying I was in my early 20s. I checked AGPT daily for new info that wasn't posted anywhere else. It was my favorite message board. I wrote maybe 3 posts in total in a month.

    Then one day, I received an email from the moderator saying I was "temporarily banned" for confusion on actual age. I posted one thing about getting my braces off on a topic about seeing children taking dolls in public places. I know of highly educated adults who had braces in their 40s-50s.My mom runs several online doll groups and used to run an in person doll club .She takes dolls out in public all the time. I messaged the moderator back telling her almost my actual age (Was too nervous to tell her how old I was even though I was old enough to make an account back then) and that I made a mistake putting the wrong birth year in . She messaged me back again saying that putting a fake age in isnt "accidental" and should have messaged them right after.Then,she said my account will be permanently banned.I tried making an account again for 3 or 4 times over 2 years using my other emails and different names with no trace of the banned account. . My application was "rejected" every time . Pretty sure they track IP addresses....

    I was a member of AGF and remember being treated well on there. I also commented on Doll Diaries often. I stopped getting into AG a few years ago after school got in the way, AGF was taken down, and a few of my favorite AGTubers disappeared. I also felt AG's quality was getting cheap and too overpriced.Most of that happened in the year or so from when I was banned from AGPT. There's a pop up store opening near me next month and I recently bought #23 for a bargain on Ebay. I recently joined AGC(I see you're the administrator) but havent't had time to post yet. I feel like I'm back to my old self again in the AG world.

    I have about 21 AGs in total including Bittys. I have almost ever kind of doll you can think of. I'm finishing high school this year and planning on going to college next year.AG always had a place in my heart since I was 5 and AG collecting will always be a hobby for me. Reading your blog gave me so much hope as an AG collector and that I'm not alone on getting banned on the "main" AG group. I just decided to reapply again to AGPT and it said theyre not accepting new members anymore. Guess it's sort of a good thing I;m no longer a member even though there was some inside info on there.
    Thanks,
    Alyssa(Bunny391848 on AGC)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melody's things are up on the AG website. Nothing for sale yet, but they do have the prices,

    ReplyDelete

Trolling, pointless bigotry, and hating for the sake of hating will be removed, as will any post screaming "first" because no one cares. Cursing is fine, as I curse myself. I still expect you to act like you have home training. This is not a Free Speech Zone. I reserve the right to delete comments or tell you to piss off. You post, you stand by your words, and all the consequences of those words, even if that consequence is getting your ass handed back to you. Don't come in my space, spit on my floor, and expect me to call it a swimming pool. I can and will cuss your entire ass out. If I told you not to comment, and you comment, your comments will be deleted.

If you are under 13 your comments will be removed; you're too young to be on the internet unsupervised and you know it.